Join the International Summer School Biodiversity Monitoring in Alpine Environments and spend two weeks in an intensive learning environment in the Swiss Alps!
Summer school is organized by the Zurich University of Applied Sciences. It lasts from the 14th to the 25th of August 2019 and offers an opportunity to learn:
- Flora/vegetation, vertebrates and selected insect groups
- Modern sampling methods, including permanent monitoring plots
- Advanced analytical and statistical methods
- Project work in small groups
Participation in the school will get you 4 or 6 ECTS points (if you decide to prepare an extra presentation at the beginning of the school to familiarize with area and topics).
Costs of the school include:
- travel costs to Preda and back
- accommodation costs 340-460 CHF per student (depending on the final number of students)
Students from the Faculty of Biology can apply for the reimbursement of these costs by submitting the application form to the Dean Borsuk. Five top-scoring students can get the reimbursement.
Deadline for submitting the application is the 15th of May 2019.
More informations at website.